Business-to-business marketing requires a distinct set of skills, processes and strategies, compared with marketing to individual consumers. B2B strategies target unique buyer personas along a modified customer journey.
From the conceptual frameworks of successful B2C marketing efforts to the thought-provoking frameworks associated with new B2B marketing, this volume aims to bring out the optimal flavor of expertise in business-to-business communications—and on a topic that’s never been more important.
What Is B2B Digital Marketing?
B2B digital marketing is the process to market products and services to other organizations via online channels. In today’s complex and competitive marketplace, this practice targeting multiple personas.
Business products and services brought to market by B2B marketers tend to focus mainly on principles, facts and information rather than emotions – due to the fact that business buyers are primarily value-driven and have highly selective spending habits.
B2B marketers need to understand their audience stage in the buyer-rapper cycle to ensure you are providing valuable content for them to convince them to move forward. Trust plays a large role in the process. The ability to quickly establish thought leadership is a crucial skill as marketers.
B2B vs. B2C Digital Marketing
As their names suggest, B2B and B2C marketing strategies seek to target different audiences, achieving communications aimed at a specific market.
- B2B businesses: sell products and services directly to decision-makers at a particular set of businesses. Examples of common B2B services include software-as-a-service (SaaS) products and outsourced HR services.
- B2C businesses: In sales, buying or selling goods and services to consumers.
Of course, B2C and B2B companies often use some of the same tools and strategies and on the surface it would appear to be the same process. However, as indicated, there are all too often market differences that drive the target audience choice between B2B and B2C marketers.
For B2B marketers, choice personas targeting more specific decision-makers are needed. Personas who specifically expect a solution to decrease their daily business operating costs is an example.
By the way, the buyer’s journey often takes more than a week to complete. B2B, marketing also has time affair. Since all involved working few metrics, a buyer-led business development process is often much longer than the other kind of buyer.
Long-term and loyal business relationships, as well as having a genuinely one-sided relationship, is what B2B and B2C empowers true customers. Having longer-than-average duration within a business or fully understood sides of a business, makes B2B and B2C clients the top priority decision-makers of all enterprises. In addition, gaining the long-time loyalty of small cap companies are what large enterprise will concern themselves with, both in terms of hiring decisions, mergers and acquisitions.
Nowadays entrepreneurs and business owners need to understand the great differences between B2B and B2C marketing techniques.
- B2B offerings seek to improve a company’s operations and ultimately their bottom line.
- B2B offerings improve the lives of the customers by satisfying their needs, consumer tastes tend to be more cost-conscious for consumer goods, though increasing in popularity are luxury goods.
- B2B marketing materials rely on its sales teams to close deals, consumer marketing relies on emotional appeals.
It’s also relevant that many businesses blur lines with B2C and B2B products. For example, they may market different versions of same furniture to consumers and businesses.
B2B Marketing Explained
The first step can be making sure people know about your business’ existence. You can do this a number of ways, such as creating your own blog or just letting others who know you talk about your business. Brand awareness can be increased by various other means of digital marketing. Some of these means are through the use of search engines, email marketing and the internet via social media sites.
The second is the next step is to engage subscribers and leads through engaging content. In turn, digital marketing assets such as blog articles, white papers, posters can show the value of products or services, thus convincing the audience of the prospects and helping them to understand the how’s.
Device sales teams win the trust of potential clients through videos and demonstrations. Along with need for new purchases, lifetime value and data about the relationship should help both B2B and B2C companies support longer-term business growth.
If you wish to see accurate and consolidated techniques from B2B marketers, please scroll to the bottom of this article and see actual approach case studies. At first use, we will be investigating how B2B marketers use online and offline tactics to appeal to their customers. And then, we will be showing you effective advertising channels to achieve business goals.
Successful marketing isn’t about volume, but about customer experience that can lead to acquisition and retention. That is B2B marketing automation. A simple workflow of customer engagement and lead from email opens further customer relationships and also improves the overall business experience. Available for a few clicks by managing your email marketing software, there’re opportunities that outside agencies could help you with other strategies and data.
In B2C (or B2B) marketing, personalization is used to create the message based on users’ interests, while the automated efforts focus on the purpose of gaining potential clients and increasing conversion rate.
B2B Sales Funnel
The number-one goal of business growth is to have your company adopt a sales funnel flowchart. A firm understanding of the buyer’s journey is a necessary first step in forming your strategy. And even though companies should always set objectives in front of their marketers and salespeople, don’t expect spur-of-the-moment creation of a sales funnel flowcharts. The process is tedious, but successful growth can only happen for established brands that have the business infrastructure and knowledge to help shape out their acquired customers’ journey.
The typical B2B sales funnel consists of five stages:
- Brand awareness.
- Customer consideration.
- Brand preference.
- Purchase decision.
- Brand loyalty.
By visually analyzing your B2B sales funnel and all its stages, this sales funnel analysis, you will have much greater insight into which customers are leaving your funnel and which new personas are entering. This process can be repeated continually as customer data changes, your network changes or your product and services evolve, etc.
1. Generating Traffic
When B2B sales people enter the sales funnel, they are mainly untrusted. The lead generation process starts when ads click and their friends recommend ad content to B2B leads.
In the top stage of the funnel, though prospects may or may not have a clear understanding of their pain point, the company has to find a way in which they can help them. Rather than hooking up everyone, best to cater to those who are likely to make it past this stage.
Hence, marketing factor blogs always instinctively aim to help users move beyond awareness and foster passion for the issue at hand. At this stage, the companies begin to demonstrate corporate authority, trustworthiness and build corporate thought leadership.
Downloadable assets like eBooks and white papers, among other assets, can move prospects from the top of the funnel to the middle of the funnel. These resources can then be gate-closed when they get to each stage. They can also be used by marketing and sales teams in order to initiate your customers throughout the process.
2. Engaging Customers
Well-written content for B2B businesses will appeal to a variety of audiences. First of all, it should take into account your target audience’s mindset so that benefits can be clearly described. Furthermore, writing analytics driven and systematic content is mandatory. Having carefully planned offers, the company can now easily deliver relevant content to prospects with segmented variants based on various demographics, key metrics and their changing needs.
For this stage of the funnel, a partnership with a newsletter series publisher is considered very beneficial. It’s clear that content should engage prospects returning to learn more about this company, in order to reach up to 1600 of them and convert them trial sign-ups. In particular, content has gained very important in the latest consumer trends of useful informational business quotes that are often featured on the company’s website. Highlighting helpful business quotes on their home page and including them on their blog will get people interested in their industry.
The email marketing software you have, can help convert prospects in the end by optimizing your content and testing alternative setups.
3. Building Relationships
Prospects who do not convert into paying customers will not be the only ones; it takes more work to convert them into the paying customers.
For example, let’s say that a solution sells a SaaS subscription to help business grow faster. A customer’s decision is not addressed by a feature such as one-time system maintenance; instead, buying the service means forming a long-term relationship.
The sales team in this stage with resource limited customers needs to optimize the sales process. Email list, building a mailing list, besides direct email contact must be part of your sales strategy. Since attendees do not have the time to thoroughly read through many emails or white papers, dynamic slide decks that you create for these important interactions are often effective in closing business.
Maintaining initial and ongoing contact with customers is a key to closing their sale. Even after the contract is signed, the goods need to be delivered and new and valuable features needed may lead to instant follow-up calls and updates to the client’s ownership.
In short, the marketing team can use email content to keep their clients happy and engaged. For example, new feature announcements, up to date overviews on market trends and more can be sent out periodically. As time goes along, however, you may need to shake things up a bit. But don’t make a joke of it – focus on your loyal customers, who make products like yours so dear to us all. While maintaining a strong connection with these customers is quite important, don’t lose sight of new prospects and clients who want to learn more about your amazing technologies – the key to success is recognizing both kinds of customers to boost business growth.
Benefits Of Tradition Marketing
No matter how well you’ve been doing in digital marketing, there are still traditional ways to grow your digital business. And yes, you guessed it right, getting customers online is one such integrated traditional and online campaign.
Some common forms of offline B2B marketing include:
- The most effective way to achieve tangible results is through the above-mentioned riskier direct mail action such as sending product samples, reusable coffee cups and branded office products. This can make a good impression on your target audience, especially because the next step (taking sell) is yet to be done on the buyer’s part. This kind of one-two punch can reach deep into a prospect’s limbic brain, allowing conversion to be much higher.
- Being placed in business magazines, they can also be used by B2B businesses or anyone targeting B2B. With around Silicon Valley’s airport, know that is largely targeted to this specific industry.
- Events are great ways to enter into people’s lives. They are excellent way to obtain decisions makers contact information.
Aligning digital and traditional marketing efforts enables B-2B brands to connect with their customers “across every step in the buyer’s journey”.
Most Effective B2B Marketing Channels
Business to business digital marketing agency can leverage any channel that potential buyers might use to learn more about a specific product, service or pain point, and thus gaining their interest. Buyers in both B2C and B2B will typically use previous and future channels during the actual decision-making process.
But remember that B2B customers still use social media, email and other communication channels. Successful events marketing strategies needs to be aware of who are likely to attract, qualify and convert customers.
Let’s take a look at seven of the most popular B2B marketing channels:
- Content marketing: Content marketing can help make the customers of your brand aware of the company; then, market to the concerned audience. Marketing companies have attained wealth through electronic content distribution strategies.
- Email marketing: Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to serve your current prospects since it allows a business to reach their customers directly.
- Paid search: Although you can use it for your B2B prospects to find the information they are looking for, PPC ads make it a lot easier for them to convert.
- SEO: Online search engine marketing is a good way to show your product and services leadership.
- Social media marketing: businesses are now required to have a presence on popular social media channels. In order for consumers to trust you, ensure that you have a distinct personalities that customers can relate with.
- Webinars/Video: Your videos are indeed some of the most engaging forms of digital content, given that it helps and allows your subscribers to get information but at the same time getting to know your brand too.
- Event marketing: In-person and virtual events allow customers to learn about a company’s offerings, while also providing prospects with purchasing opportunities. Events also provide networking opportunities for customers and prospects.
Boost Sales With Engaging Content
Content plays an important role at each stage of the buyer’s lifecycle. We’ve also explained how content is distributed through various digital channels. Content creation has been discussed, and looking even closer, here in no particular order, I want to list some of the most popular content types that come to mind to create with WordPress.
- Blogs: Blogging is one of the most utilized tactics in search, beyond just rankings and content. Their direct message provides lots of useful information your target audience may want. By giving them all the information they need with direct links, newsletter signup page, and products, then you are guaranteed they will not only see you in searches but by relevant content on your website.
- eBooks and white papers: If you’re thinking about offering an eBook to your company’s partners and prospects, and you’d like plenty of company information in a single format accessible from the web, your best idea is to create a downloadable eBook for readers. Of course, the best benefit of an eBook is that you can collect reader information and give such valuable assets to users. At the same time, your posts are expected to be done by expert bloggers providing platform-oriented materials on the topic.
- Infographics: The traditional or main marketing funnel is comprised of the lead generation phase, which is where active marketing and branding tools are used by your business. And the bottom-of-funnel asset we call infographics, is written to top-and-bottom of the funnel, which includes social media posts, one page ad banners and drip email buttons.
- Podcasts: Audio content has been booming the recent years, with podcast providing the only option for bringing your company’s personalities to those who want to hear them, not just see them at conferences and trade shows. Having your CEO narrate a podcast on the intarwebs is a great way to show your personality and personal touch to your clientele. Today, most thinking-on-their-feet individuals at every level of business will tune into popular podcasts in order to be updated of a trending industry, thought leader, or latest trends.
- Videos: Videos can engage your readers, provide them with infor, and let them ask questions. Plus they keep people interested while they are learning more about you. At the same time, announcing a new model or product, or a live-streamed interview between industry leaders provide customers with a chance to interact with the winners.
By aligning your communications, it is of course ideal to ensure that you don’t deliver redundant messaging.
B2B Digital Marketing in 2022
The latest digital marketing trends available to B2B brands are important to help your business grow or even to start a totally new business. Breaking the rules with these digital marketing trends is needed for any B2B business to succeed or even create a whole new brand.
Marketing automation tools not only save you money and improve your profits, but also help make your marketing efforts effective and efficient in the future of tech in B2B marketing.
The ways artificial intelligence can provide customer experience has become more important, especially with the growing prevalence of chatbots, who have been replacing the human customer service representatives.
With so many active podcasts coming out today, you have a new way to reach your target pool of customers. It can also help establish strong inter-personal connections that build rapport and strengthen emotional bonds.
At least 4.48 billion social media users exist worldwide. For most of your business, Facebook and other social media platforms can be used as leverage in sending messages out to customers. Any creative marketing effort on Facebook is likely to go viral, placing your brand at top of mind with hundreds of thousands or even millions of users for four or five seconds.
If you are looking for more ? Contact ADMA and our digital marketing experts can help your business grow today!